Makes: 2 liter | Prep Time: 15 min | Cooking Time: 1 day | Total time: 2 day 15 min | Chilling time 1 day
- Small tub of plain Yoghurt (I prefer Creek Yoghurt)
- 2 Liter Milk - Any milk work
- Keep 1 cup milk seperate
- Cook milk over meduim heat for 7 min
- Cool milk down till you can hold your finger in for 10 sec
- Mix the cup of milk and tub of yoghurt
- Stir gentle in the heated milk.
- If you are going to use a different container for storing the yoghurt now is the time to transfer it.
- The yoghurt need to incubate overnight - 10 to 12 hours. (95 - 115 degrees)
- Higher temperature will kill the culture and lower temp will prevent it from setting
- Once incubated you need to transfer it to the refrigerator.
- Using a new dish cloth / cheesecloth press down and leave on yoghurt this will suck up the whey
- Dry out and repeat.
- You could also use a bigger cheesecloth to strain the yoghurt.
Enjoy with cereal, honey or see our favourite Yoghurt Cheese Cake
- This recipe calls for way more than are on our normal pantry shelf.
- We like to treat our quest with something special.
- Our local option for exotic products are extremely limited - most of the cheese ingredients are replaced with cheddar cheese.
- I prefer using green lasagne sheets.
Recipe inspired by Truly Delicious 350 memorable recipes rediscovered for today's South African families - Readers digest
Photos - from Internet